Welcome to Bootbag (our app), where sports fans can access real time information, news and social interactions tailored to their passions of sport. You can access our site through the internet and WAP services provided by certain mobile phone networks.
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the Terms and Conditions on which you may make use of our site and services as a registered user including SMS, APIs, email notifications, applications, buttons, and widgets, and any information, text, graphics, photos or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing in our app.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use the site. By using our site, you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please refrain from using our site.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our site is operated and owned by Sapien Interactive Ltd whose registered address is New Derwent House, 69-73 Theobalds Road, London, England, WC1X 8TA with registration number 12074025 (“Bootbag”,“we, us or our”).
These Terms and Conditions will govern your accessing and/or use of both the website and services and the Bootbag app, and therefore amount to a legally binding contract between us and you. All registered users enter into the same binding contract.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Account (also "User Account"): the right to use the Services in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Competition terms: The terms and rules of the of the Competition terms below.
Confidential Information: information that is proprietary or confidential and is either clearly labelled as such or identified as Confidential Information in these terms and conditions.
Copyright: shall mean the exclusive right to do the acts specified by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) in respect of any original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works, sound recordings, films or broadcasts, as well as any equivalent right subsisting in any other territory worldwide.
Database right: the right of the maker of a database to prevent extraction and/or re-utilisation of the whole or of a substantial part, evaluated qualitatively and/or quantitatively, of the contents of that database.
Intellectual property: shall include but shall not be limited to Trade Marks, Trade Names, Passing off rights, Goodwill, Copyright, Designs, Patents, Confidential information, and Database rights, or any one or more of the foregoing rights.
Privacy and Cookies Policy: The terms and paragraphs of the Privacy and Cookies Policy below.
Registered user: you
Service(s): the services provided by us to you under these Terms and Conditions
User submitted content: any and all content submitted by users in the course of accessing the services
1.2 Clause and paragraph headings shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
1.3 A person includes an individual, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality) and that person's legal and personal representatives, successors or permitted assigns.
1.4 A reference to a company shall include any company, corporation or other body corporate, wherever and however incorporated or established.
1.5 Unless the context otherwise requires, words in the singular shall include the plural and in the plural shall include the singular.
1.6 Unless the context otherwise requires, a reference to one gender shall include a reference to the other genders.
1.7 A reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to it as it is in force as at the date of this Agreement.
1.8 A reference to a statute or statutory provision shall include all subordinate legislation made as at the date of this Agreement under that statute or statutory provision.
1.9 A reference to writing or written includes faxes and e-mail.
1.10 References to clauses are to the clauses of this Agreement.
2. ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We may make some parts of our site, or our entire site, available only to users who have registered an account with us. Accordingly, you may be required to register an account with us and submit certain personal data to access certain parts of our site.
This site is not aimed at Minors. You must only register an account with us or share personal information with us if you are not a Minor (the age of Minors is determined by local laws where you reside). In any case you must be 13 years or over in order to use our site and services. If you are over the age 13 but under the age of 16 then you should have a parent or guardian review and approve these Terms and Conditions on your behalf prior to you using the site.
You may not sell or transfer your account to any other person without our prior written approval.
2.1 SECURITY OF ACCESS
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
You have sole responsibility for safeguarding your user identification code or password and any other credentials and data used by you to access the User Account, the Services and any data used in the services. This obligation and responsibility is maintained irrespective of any access exercised by you in a public Wi-Fi area. You are reminded of the inherent risks in such public areas to the security of any password/other credentials, as well as any data used in accessing the Account and the Services.
You shall ensure that your user identification code or password is changed frequently, and in any event not less than every twelve months, and shall use a unique password of suitable strength that you do not use anywhere else or for any other purpose.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
As a condition of us (and/or our partners) providing the site and services available on it to you, you confirm that you will use the site and the services available for your personal, non-commercial use only.
2.2 ACCOUNT MISUSE
2.2.1 You shall not access, store, introduce any links to, distribute or transmit any Viruses during the course of your use of the Services,
2.2.2 You shall not:
(a) attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of the App and/or Content (as applicable) and/or any of our content/data in any form or media or by any means; or
(b) attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the App; or
(c) access all or any part of the Services and/or content/data in order to build a product or service which competes with the Services and/or the content; or
(d) license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose, or otherwise commercially exploit, or otherwise make the Services and/or any content/data available to any third party; or
(e) attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, access to the Services and/or Content; and
2.2.3 You shall use your best endeavours to prevent any unauthorised access to, or use of, the Services and/or the Content and/or data and, in the event of any such unauthorised access or use, promptly notify us.
2.2.4 You shall not use your Account or the Services for the purposes of "spamming" and shall use your best endeavours to prevent any use by third parties for the purposes of "spamming".
2.2.5 The rights provided under these Terms and Conditions are granted to Registered Users only, and shall not be considered granted to any employee, agent, subsidiary or holding company of any Registered Users.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
There are two types of content on our site: (1) content of which we are the owner or the licensee of; and (2) user submitted content which is submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
We own all intellectual property rights in our site which is not user submitted content. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
User submitted content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the irrevocable and perpetual right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for the use within the site and our business. You hereby grant us an unrestricted perpetual non-exclusive royalty-free licence to do so, and you hereby waive all moral rights in the user submitted content. You also agree that this licence includes without payment to you the right for us to provide, promote, and improve our site and services, and to make user submitted content submitted to or through our site or services available to other companies, organisations or individuals with whom we syndicate, broadcast, distribute or publish to on other media and services subject to the Terms and Conditions.
We treat user submitted content very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting it. Accordingly, you grant us the right, in our sole discretion, to bring an action for infringement of such rights by a third party (including copyright and any other intellectual property rights) in user submitted content. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and private use only.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors/creators/owners of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
Other than your own user submitted content ou must not use any part of the materials on our site (including without limitation any illustrations, photographs, video or audio materials) for any purpose other than your own personal and non-commercial use only, without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors in writing. If you have any questions, comments or requests in relation to obtaining a licence, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
With respect to user submitted content, no representation or warranty is made by us in respect of that content and we do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any user submitted content or any communications posted via our site or the services nor do we endorse any opinions expressed via the services.
You may only submit content to the site which you are entitled to do, and you should carefully note the contents of sections 7, 8 and 9 below. In this connection, you hereby warrant that you are the owner of your user submitted content, you have the legal right to use the content, and that you not aware of any third party rights in respect of the said content.
You shall defend, indemnify and hold us harmless against claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including without limitation court costs and reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in connection with your use of the Services and/or the use of your user submitted content,
4. RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
5. OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
6. OUR LIABILITY
The material displayed on our site and any content you may access or download is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and any third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
• Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any app or websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
• loss of income or revenue;
• loss of business;
• loss of profits or contracts;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of data;
• loss of goodwill;
• wasted management or office time; and any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
7. UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
We provide a feature that allows you to upload material (by way of example including but not limited to posts, images, text, graphics and videos) which you can contribute to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, if you make use of such feature then you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you agree to indemnify (fully compensate) us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site must be owned by you. Material which you submit will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the irrevocable, royalty-free and perpetual right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for the use within the site.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site.
8. MODERATION OF COMMENTS AND MATERIAL
Please note that we do not actively moderate comments, posts or other content which users may submit to our site. We rely upon community moderation of our site and we may enable you to notify us of material posted or uploaded that is in breach and/or contravenes our Acceptable Use Policy below. As a result, care should be taken when allowing minors to use our site.
We shall examine carefully a comment or other material which a user notifies us as being inappropriate, and we shall exercise in our sole discretion our right to remove such content.
9. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following provisions set out our site’s Acceptable Use Policy that you must comply whilst you use our site:
a. PROHIBITED USES
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
• To create serial accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes or with overlapping use cases.
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam). Examples of the factors that we will take into account when determining what conduct is regarded as spamming are:
• If you have followed a large number of Users in a short amount of time;
• If you have followed and un-followed Users in a short time period, particularly by automated means (aggressive user churn);
• If you post misleading links;
• If a significant number of people have chosen to block you;
• If a significant number of spam complaints have been filed against you;
• If you post the same content over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account;
• If you post multiple unrelated updates to a trending or popular topic;
• If you add a large number of unrelated users to lists in an attempt to spam a service or link;
• If you have attempted to "sell" followers, particularly through tactics considered aggressive following or follower churn; or
• Creating or purchasing accounts in order to gain followers.
You also agree:
• Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms and Conditions.
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our site including without limitation in any way that causes or is likely to cause, distress to any person, or for the purposes of spamming or sending unsolicited emails or messages;
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You also agree:
• Not to engage in username squatting. Accounts that are inactive for 6 months or more may also be removed without further notice. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be username squatting are:
• the number of accounts created; or
• creating accounts for the purpose of preventing others from using those account names; or
• creating accounts for the purpose of selling those accounts; or
• using feeds of third-party content to update and maintain accounts under the names of those third parties.
b. CONTENT STANDARDS
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• Be accurate (where they state facts).
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
• Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
• Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
• Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Promote sexually explicit material.
• Promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
c. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our sole and absolute discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with any part of this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditions, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
d.CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
10. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NOTICE AND TAKE DOWN POLICY
We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that material made available to you on our site has been cleared for use. However if you believe that there is material on our site which you have certain intellectual property rights in and to which you have not granted permission to be used, then you should notify us in accordance with this clause.
A notice of alleged copyright infringement should be sent to our designated copyright by email at email@example.com
Your notification of claimed copyright infringement must be addressed to our copyright agent and you should include the following information:
• A physical or electronic signature of the owner (or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner) of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
• Specific identification of each copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed so that we may identify the work on our site.
• A description of where the material believed to be infringed is located on our Site including URL to help us identify the material you are alleging is infringed.
• Your contact information, including your complete name, address, telephone number, and email address so that we may contact you in respect of your claim.
• A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the work(s) in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, (and that we can rely on such statement in a court of law), that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly.
11. VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any app or website linked to it.
12. LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
13. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
14. TRADE MARKS
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on our site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of ours and others. Nothing contained on our site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any Trademark displayed on our site without our written permission or the written permission of such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on our site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on our site, or any other content on our site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that we will aggressively enforce our intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms and Conditions form the entire agreement between you and us. In the event that any term is found to be unenforceable, it shall be varied with the minimum changes required to give it enforceability in your jurisdiction. All other terms shall remain the same.
PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
(Last updated: June 2020)
In the event that there is any conflict or inconsistency between the Privacy and Cookies Policy and the Terms and Conditions, to the extent of the conflict or inconsistency the latter shall prevail.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
Welcome to Bootbag www.bootbag.co (our site), the sport social network where fans of all sports can get real time information, news and social interactions tailored to their passions in sport.
Whether it’s a status update, a comment, a prediction or an article that you use to express your opinion, the world will have access to it just as you’ll have access to those of other users.
Our site is operated and owned by Sapien Interactive Ltd whose registered address is 6 New Derwent House, 69-73 Theobalds Road, London, England, WC1X 8TA with registration number 12074025 (“we, us or our”). We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting it.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (together with the documents referred to on it and the terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, either though our site or email notifications, applications, buttons and widgets (the services), will be processed by us . Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”), the data controller is Sapien Interactive Ltd whose registered address is New Derwent House, 69-73 Theobalds Road, London, England, WC1X 8TA. We will only collect and process information about you in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. By using our site and other services, you consent to such processing.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We know how important your privacy is to you, and it’s important to us that you feel safe and secure on our site and other services. We want to make sure that you have the very best experience of our site and other services and so we may sometimes ask you for certain information and you may send personal data to us. We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide when you fill in forms on our site, such as your name, username, password, date of birth, address, email address, gender and location. Some of this information, for example, your name and username, is listed publicly on our site and services, including on your profile page and in search results. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site and/or services.
• Additional information when you provide us with profile information to make public, such as a micro biography, your app, or a picture. You may provide further information to customize your account. Your account settings control whether others can find you by your email address.
• Information about you such as your name, address and contact details when you enter a competition or prize-draw we may choose to operate.
• If you connect your Bootbag account to your account on another service in order to cross-post between our site and that service, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service and other information that you authorize.
• Information of your location in your posts and in your profile.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of your message, email address and contact information.
• We or our agents on our behalf may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. PUBLIC INFORMATION
Most of the information you provide us is information you are asking us to make public. This includes not only content you post and the metadata provided with the posts, such as when you posted, but also the lists you create, the people you follow, the posts you mark as favourites that result from your use of our site and services. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide public for as long as you do not delete it from our site and services, but we may give you settings to make the information generally more private if you want. This can be altered in your Profile Visibility in Account Settings. Your public information is broadly and instantly disseminated. For instance, your public user profile information and public posts may be searchable by search engines. When you share information or content like photos, videos, and links via our site, you should consider carefully the information you are making public.
4. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ visits to our site and services.
We may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone (or other portable or static device used to access our site and services) and your visit to our site, including where available your IP address, operating system, session_id, login, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners and if necessary our advertisers.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file and/or similar tools which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive to report back anonymous data to us. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Our site uses the following cookies:
4.1 Google Analytics and AdWords Conversion
This web analytics and conversion service provided by Google Inc helps us to analyse how users use our site. It counts the number of visitors and tells us things about their behaviour overall, such as typical length of stay on our site or the average number of pages a user views and whether they have clicked on ads.
This information generated by the cookie about your use of our site will be transmitted to and stored by Google on their servers. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our site, compiling reports on app or website activity and providing other services relating to app or website activity.
Generally, cookies may be used to enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests and provide a more personalised experience to you.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
Some third party cookies are set by services that appear on our site. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in our control. They may be set by Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram and other third party services and relate to the ability of users to share content on our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies, as explained below:
How to manage cookies
• Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar.
• Select 'Settings'.
• Click 'Show advanced settings'.
• Under 'Privacy', click 'Content settings'.
• In the 'Cookies' section, you can manage your cookie settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Click 'Tools' on the browser toolbar.
• Select 'Internet options'.
• Click the 'Privacy' tab, where you can manage your cookie settings.
• Click the 'Firefox' button, or 'Tools' at the top of the browser page.
• Select 'Options'.
• Click the 'Privacy' tab.
• Set 'Firefox will:' to 'Use custom settings for history'.
• Manage your settings to accept or reject cookie types.
• Click 'Safari' at the top of the screen.
• Select 'Preferences'.
• Click the 'Privacy' tab, where you can manage your cookie settings.
If you want to learn more about cookies you can do so at www.allaboutcookies.org
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. You may also unsubscribe by following the instructions contained within the notification or the instructions on our site.
• To help others find your account, including through third-party services and client applications. You can control this functionality through you account settings. You may choose to upload your address book so that we can help you find other users you know. We may later suggest people to follow on our site based on your imported address book contacts, which you can delete from our site at any time.
• To provide features of our site and services to improve and customize the services, for example, with more relevant content like local sports information, trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To cross-post which helps us improve our site and service.
• To fulfil our legal obligations and respond to litigation.
• For our statistical or survey purposes to improve our site and communicate our services to you.
• To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our site and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
• To send you information about our services or to market to you.
• If you consent, to notify you by email of our products, promotions, competitions and special offers that may be of interest to you. You may use your account settings to unsubscribe from notifications from our site.
• To create non personally identifiable reports on the user interaction with our site.
7. HOW YOU CAN REMOVE, UPDATE OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish us to delete your details from our records entirely, you will need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we will need to do this manually for you.
8. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• To our third party partners as part of providing the full functionality and services of our site to you and to allow them to provide you with details of their services and/or products which might be of interest to you.
If you’re under the age of 18 years and don’t understand this Privacy and Cookies Policy please ask a parent or guardian to explain them to you. In any case you must be 13 years or over in order to use our site and services. You should not share any personal information with us if you are a Minor (the age of Minors is determined by local laws where you reside).
10. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies only to information collected by us on our site. The site may contain links to other apps or websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy and cookies policies of such other apps or websites and we would advise you to read the privacy and cookies policy of other apps or websites that collects your personal information.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy, the practices of our site and services or your dealings with our site and services you can contact us by emailing email@example.com 2020
13. COMPETITION TERMS
The Competition Terms are part of the Terms and Conditions, and are therefore binding on you as a Registered User.
In the event that there is any conflict or inconsistency between the Competition Terms and the Terms and Conditions, to the extent of such conflict or inconsistency the latter shall prevail.
1. The promoter is: Sapien Interactive Ltd (company no. 12074025) whose registered office is at New Derwent House, 69-73 Theobalds Road, London, England, WC1X 8TA
2. Employees of Sapien Interactive Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.bootbag.co
5. Closing date for entry will be the 00:00 GMT on the last day in each month. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. any prize will not be taken from or dictated by the amount of money Bootbag and subsequently Sapien Interactive from purchases made by consumers.
8. The prize money will be managed using a separate bank account at the discretion of the directors of Sapien Interactive Ltd.
9. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Further information can be found at: http://www.bootbag.co
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. When prizes are not cash related. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen:
14. By the apps software provided by from all entries received and verified by the Bootbag team
15. The winner will be notified by email and/or app notification within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or the winner fails to claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and to replace the winner.
16. Bootbag will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
17. Bootbag’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
19. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
20. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
21. Sign up to Bootbag into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Sapien Interactive Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from August 2020.
23. Bootbag reserves the sole right to remove, cancel or stop any competition and or prize at any point, without incurring any liability of any kind whatsoever to any party.
24. The prize issued is based on the skill of the scout (user) to first qualify in the top 20 positions of the global users for most points scored. The scout then competes in the Premier Division against 19 others and is then ranked within the premier division to denote the value of the prize they will receive.
25. Unless stated otherwise at the time, the prize (when in cash) will be issued to the card held on the account of the winning scout’s profile. Bootbag reserve the right to only pay to this account any prize funds won by the scout.
The split between the 20 scouts as prizes are set out below.
% of prize fund
26. Every user is issued 500 free coins to invest in football players each month.
These do not require any purchase by the end user. Nor can they buy any more coins to invest in the given month.
Every Scout (user) has a maximum of 11 roster slots they can fill at any one time. The object of the scout is to invest as many if not all their coins each month to score the most points. The points rewarded (positive or negative) are governed by how much each player improves by since the Scout invested in them to point of sale. A total across all the players they sign over the month will be added together to measure the Scouts overall result.
Each month, the top 20 Scout's will qualify for the Premier Scout Division for the following month. Here they will battle it out for a share of the total prize fund we set. With the percentage received by each qualifying scout based on what their final position against the other 20 Premier Division scouts.
The money we make from the user is only for the following three things.
1. Skins for their in in-game experience. In Bootbag these are the additional kit designs they can buy to add to their virtual team
2. Buy access to watch games and select from additional leagues and their players. Neither of these gives an advantage. Just a wider pool of players to pick from who could improve or not improve.
3. Physical kit purchases of Football shirts outside of the app in our e-commerce store
What information we collect
We may collect the following information whilst you visit our app:
Name and scout name
Date of birth
Contact information including email address
Payment details (card number, Expiry date and CVV)
Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the app according to your interests.
The competition prizes fund will be decided before each month and communicated to the community of users via the app notification system
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our app in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better app, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the app.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our app. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other apps in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and would like to know your options in relation to not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Links to other apps or websites.
Our app may contain links to other apps or websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other apps or websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the apps or app or websites in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the apps or app or websites, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible on email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.